Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wal-mart

Ok, so most of you know how much I DESPISE Wal-mart; and once I started the whole coupon thing it was even WORSE.  They changed their coupon policy a while back, AND they started accepting competitors coupons, matching other stores sales, and allowing overage (the value of the coupon can exceed the value of the product).  Over the last few weeks, I have been hearing how much success people where having at Wal-mart.  So I thought I would give it a try...

Last week Toys R Us had all Crayola items on sale B1G1 (Buy one get one).  There are several items the girls have been wanting and I thought this could be a great opportunity to get a few things to put up for Christmas.  I was a little worried that we would have "issues" when we went to check out, but it was so easy.  They gave us no issues, matched the sale, and took the coupons off the items.  I got $135 worth for $55.  I was pleased.

Some of the coupon blogs/ websites I follow starting reporting that Wal-mart had a ton of items on clearance that had coupon match ups.  So this afternoon we decided to go check it out.

Here is a breakdown of what I got:

4- Post It Flags $1.97 each- $7.88 total
4- Post It Note Pads $1.00 each- $4.00 total
4- 2 packs of Elmer's glue sticks $0.40 - $1.60 total
2- Ziploc Storage containers $2.12 each- $4.24 total
5- 2 pack Scotch Tape $0.75 each- $3.75 total
1- Welch's Grape Jelly -$1.68 total
1- Kraft Olive Oil Mayo- $3.58
1- Beach Paddle Ball Game -$3.00
2- Packages of 12  Papermate Pens -$0.97 each- $1.94 total
1- 18 Gallon tub- $4.50

Subtotal Before coupons:$ 36.17
Tax $2.32
Total Before Coupons: $38.49

Coupons used:
$1.50 off 2 Ziploc Containers - Manufacturer Coupon
$1.00 off Kraft Olive Oil Mayo- Publix Coupon
$1.00 off Kraft Olive Oil Mayo- Manufacturer Coupon
1-$2.00 off $10.00 Post it Purchase Manufacturer Coupon
4-$2.00 off Post it flags- Manufacturer Coupons
2-$1.00 of Paper Mate Pens- Target Coupon
2-$0.75 off Post it Flags- Target Coupons
4-$1.00 off Post it Note Pads- Manufacturer Coupon
2- $1.00 off 2 Elmer's glue sticks- Manufacturer Coupons
5- $1.00 off Scotch Tape- Manufacturer Coupons
4- $0.50 off Scotch Tape- Target Coupons

Total Coupon Savings: $30.00
Subtotal $6.17
Tax: $2.16
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $8.49

So needless to say I was really happy, and will be doing more shopping at Wal-mart.  Of course, Publix and Kroger are still my favorites, BUT I will be doing more shopping or should I say saving at Wal-mart! :)

Here is a picture of the items I purchased tonight:

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment