Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The end of October, and moving on to November...

My how much changes in a little over a week.  When I posted the blog last Monday, I had no idea how quickly things would change.  I talked about wondering all weekend long if I had dreamed that...well that NEVER was truer than the events of last week.  I still find myself stopping and saying was that a dream, did that REALLY happen???

For those that don't know, my Granny passed away on October 25th.  She had been really sick, for a really long time, but I don't think you are ever ready to say goodbye...I know I wasn't.  I should have been prepared for that phone call that I needed to get there to say goodbye, but I wasn't.  It all felt like a dream, and that I was moving in slow motion.  I still find myself in disbelief about it, and then at the craziest times it hits me.  I am so blessed to have had her for 33 1/2 years, and I am so fortunate that until last week I was a rarity that had all 4 of my grandparents still alive AND they have all been married over 60 years.  What a legacy that is!

On one hand I am glad that it is a new month, but on the other it's November.  That means that the holidays are right around the corner.  They have ALWAYS been my favorite time of year.  But it just won't be the same this year...
I will cling to the sweet, sweet memories that I have, and I know she would want us to laugh and enjoy ourselves.  She LOVED Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it just won't feel like those things without her.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...as we get through this minute by minute, and day by day.  Thank God that we will see her again someday...I know she is having a blast in heaven with her parents, all her brothers and sisters, and all the other friends and family that are there.  We know that she is so much better off, she isn't sick or in pain anymore...Praise God that all things are made new again...

Christmas 2009

Much love and BIG Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment